I see this question time and time again and it baffles me each and every single time.
Listen, if you have TWA (teeny weeny afro) here are some tips for you:
- Let it be!– This is going to be one of the only times while you have naturally curly hair that you will be able to literally wash and go. No inbetween steps, not scrunching, no plopping, no 3 different gels, pomades, creams and butters. Enjoy being able to wet your hair, apply some product and GO!!
- Curls are cute!– There is really no need to try and 2 strand twists on 3 inches of hair. Really. Just wear your curls. Add a few accessories and be done with it. No need to try twist-outs and braid-outs, they will just fluff right back out.
- Don’t trim!– If you just did a big chop and have a TWA wait atleast a year to trim anything off. You shouldn’t have any splits, breakage or thin ends.
- 3 Products Max!– With a TWA there is no need to be a product junkie. You literally just need to wash, condition and moisturize. With hair that is 3 inches, it should just take 2 mins. to remoisturize your hair. Do not worry about achieving 2nd day hair…
- Finger comb!– Just running your fingers through your afro should be sufficient enough to get out any tangles or knots.
The post Stop the TWA Madness!! first appeared on Demetrion Ware.