- My hair is dry and my scalp is dry and flaky.
- My hair is damaged. I don’t know what to do. It doesn’t grow at all.
- Should I use a combination of oils with the shea butter or should I specifically use one type of oil?
- I used vitamin E oil and it did wonders to my hair. Could I mix vitamin E oil with Shea butter?
Answer: One solution to dry flaky scalp is co-washing. Co-washing is when you wash your hair with just conditioner. You can do this as often as needed and then wet bun after each Co-wash.
A dry scalp needs moisture and there are many ways to keep it moisturized such as:
- Spritzing your scalp with a water and essential oil mix. Since your scalp is also itchy, try peppermint for growth or tea tree to help with the itching. Both are relatively inexpensive oils that you can get from many health food stores like WholeFoods or The Vitamin Shoppe. Just add water and few drops of oil to a spray bottle and spritz your scalp as needed.
- Co-washing as mentioned above. Here are a few really good conditioners for Co-washing: Carols Daughter – Coco Creme Creamy Conditioner, Kervada – Moisture Max-DP, and Shea Moisture – Jamaican Black Castor Oil Rinse out Conditioner.
- You can also water rinses, where you just rinse your hair & scalp with only water as needed.
These are all helpful for scalp issues. Make sure to wash my hair as often as needed. Be mindful of the shampoo you use as some shampoos can dry out your scalp.
Note that you can mix Shea butter with vitamin E oil.The post Q&A: Dry Scalp Solutions first appeared on Demetrion Ware.